1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Word 2007 Formatting Issue

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by spyro333, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spyro333

spyro333 Thread Starter

Everytime I open MS Word 2007, the software no longer shows the entire page like it did before. The top is cut off, eliminating the need to indent. I do not like this. I've tried the different view options, repairing the software with the factory disc and also re-installing the software. Does anyone know what else I can do or how I can reset the formatting? Thanks.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I think a picture tells more than a thousand words, how about a screenshot?

3. CJSquibb

CJSquibb

You say you've tried "the different View options" but have you checked which view you are using at the bottom of the screen?

Just to the left of the zoom slider are 5 icons that change the way a Word document is displayed. The leftmost one shows Print Layout view and is generally the one you want. The others, reading from left to right, are:
    Full screen reading - Removes all menus, ribbons etc and uses entire height of screen. Close with button top right to get back to normal

Web layout - shows screen taking full width, as though a web page

Outline - shows Document Map in pane on left, with multilevel document displayed at varying levels of indent in right pane.

Draft view - shows screen taking full width, though text only takes width of margins as set in rulers. Significantly, you DON't get to see spill-over from one page to the next. This is basically a view that allows you to see the text, but NOT how it is laid out.
    If your view choice is anything other than the left Print Layout view, you may have a different screen appearance.

HTH

Claire
    ==

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Drag the cursor to the top edge of the displayed page and when it turns to double arrows double click and the top and bottom margin should come back.

5. Angriper

Angriper

Sounds like you could just be zoomed in to 150% or something around that. Check the zoom percentage.

Also, a picture would help identify the problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice