1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Word 2007 - Text Fields Within Multilevel Lists

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Phlu, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phlu

Phlu Thread Starter

I'm running Word 2007 (Srudent & Home Edition) on my Windows 7 RC box, trying to create a multilevel list that auto-generates text for me, using styles as the control. (Specifically, I'm creating a multilevel list for outlining books of the New Testament.)

Thus far I've been able to carry through the list such that chapter numbers carry down into the lower List Levels, but I can't figure out how to have the text carry through. Here's a summary of the text, with styles in curly brackets:
    Here's an example of what that looks like, with bold text auto-generated by the multilevel list:
    As you can see, I have the Book reference in Level 2 fixed on "Acts [Level1 #]:" which is all fine and dandy until I reach the next book (Romans). I found that the {STYLEREF Book} field did exactly what I wanted (reference the most recent text using the "Book" style), but I can't figure out a way to insert that field into the automatic Multilevel List formatting.

Any suggestions? Using a multilevel list isn't required, but it's the easiest method I've found for switching quickly between styles since I can use Tab instead of manually selecting the style for every paragraph. That, and it's VERY easy to align a TOC with a Multilevel list.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/846900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice