MS Word 2007

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jedileen

How do I edit headings in my table of contents. I want to remove page numbers and tab leaders for chapter headings. So it looks like:

Table Of Contents
CHAPTER 1
1 Heading1 ............1
1.1 Heading1.1 ....2
1.2 Heading1.2 ....3

CHAPTER 2
2 Heading2 ............4
2.1 Heading1.1 ....5
2.2 Heading1.2 ....6

Instead of:

CHAPTER 1.............1
1 Heading1 ............1
1.1 Heading1.1 ....2
1.2 Heading1.2 ....3

CHAPTER 2.............4
2 Heading2 ............4
2.1 Heading1.1 ....5
2.2 Heading1.2 ....6

Please help! I've been going nuts trying to figure it out! In addition, how do I change fonts for certain headings in the Table of Contents?

hi jedileen,

I'm not yet on Word 2007, but in previous versions you can change the TOC format by:

Click in the current TOC,
then from the Menu Bar: Insert/Tables and Indexes/TOC (you can untick the page numbers here), then carry on to Modify / select style / modfify and set your layout to suit.

When you exit, it will ask if you want to replace the current TOC.

Or, just delete the current TOC and insert a new one and modify it to begin with.

HTH
Hew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online