1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Word 2010

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TheProfessor101, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheProfessor101

TheProfessor101 Thread Starter

I'm having great difficulty. I used to have MS Word 2010 on my Dell Latitude 510 Laptop with Windows XP. It mysteriously disappeared. When I tried to download the trial version for Microsoft's website, I got an error message that it didn't download all components properly and sorry for the inconvenience, etc.

Can anyone provide some suggestions?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you sure that Word and or Office has been removed from this system?
    Is it listed in the Add and remove programs of the Control Panel?

Is it listed under the Programs when viewing the folder within Windows Explorer?

Where did you get this original copy of Word 2010, that you had installed?

3. TheProfessor101

Both Word 2007 AND 2010 show up in the Add/Remove List. Their icons also appear in the Start menu. Should I remove each and then add the 2010 trial version?

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Why do you want to reinstall the trial version?

5. TheProfessor101

Because I'm in a pinch and can't afford the full version until a later date.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Well the trial version is only good for 60 days, what are you going use then?

Since you have 2007 also, why not leave it installed and remove 2010 trial version?

7. TheProfessor101

I can't open ANY version of MS Word, even though both the 07 and 10 show. I will purchase the most recent version, but I can't do that until the 25th. The holidays, travelling, etc. took a big bite out of the bank account. Between now and the 25th, though, I have a ton of work that requires the use of Word.

8. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Well then I would uninstall both of them. Reboot the machine and then try installing the 2010 or even the 2013 trial version.
    Then when you get the money, remove the trial version and then install the bought version as a clean install.

Be Aware that if you have had a 2010 or 2013 trial version installed before, you will not be able to install that trial version again.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice