1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved MS Word 2016: make headers appear on all pages?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bj nick, Jan 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

So I know this should be very easy. I have a 285-page novel manuscript I'm formatting for submission. I have page numbers that start on the 3rd actual page, which is where Chapter 1 begins. I have a header but it only appears on those first two pages; it stops before Chapter 1. How do I have the header appear on every page of the doc? I googled it but it's confusing....it took awhile to get the page numbering right, because I wanted it to start where it does....I'm afraid if I mess with the header as it is, I'm in for more frustration. A simple step-by-step would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Look for the different "Sections" and make the header continuous for all sections following page 3

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Yeah, that's what confused me.....had the same issue with page numbering originally.....then got some help with it, and I understood that it's a different "section" after the first two pages, and it worked fine. I just did the same with the header, and now it's fine. I'll mark this solved, and THANK YOU.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Glad I was of help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice