Solved MS Word 2016 (Office 365) freezing on save or save as

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bj nick

Running Windows 7 on my desktop. (MS Word on my Windows 10 Dell laptop is trouble-free.) It constantly freezes (every 3rd or 4th time I save during an editing session) on save or save as....have to reboot the program. Happens on all docs. Looked this issue up online, the "solutions" didn't work for anyone. I uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail....it was solid for 3 days, now back to freezing. Any ideas?

bj nick

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again--and making sure to reboot afterwards-- on the advice of a chat session with a Microsoft person, and it appears to have worked......I'll wait another couple days before marking this "solved."

Lunar: if this doesn't work I'll definitely try the drive check. Thanks!

bj nick

I had to call MS tech support......they got in there and did this and that.....mainly with the "Repair" functions.....all is well now!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online