1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved MS Word 2016 (Office 365) freezing on save or save as

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bj nick, Dec 5, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Running Windows 7 on my desktop. (MS Word on my Windows 10 Dell laptop is trouble-free.) It constantly freezes (every 3rd or 4th time I save during an editing session) on save or save as....have to reboot the program. Happens on all docs. Looked this issue up online, the "solutions" didn't work for anyone. I uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail....it was solid for 3 days, now back to freezing. Any ideas?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Could be a hard drive problem. Do a drive Check.

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again--and making sure to reboot afterwards-- on the advice of a chat session with a Microsoft person, and it appears to have worked......I'll wait another couple days before marking this "solved."

Lunar: if this doesn't work I'll definitely try the drive check. Thanks!

4. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I had to call MS tech support......they got in there and did this and that.....mainly with the "Repair" functions.....all is well now!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice