1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ms Word 2016: Where is Table Tools???

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bj nick, Dec 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I'm watching a video of a guy showing how to work with tables. On the screen I see "Table Tools" which shows up every time he clicks inside the table. For the life of me, I can't get Table Tools to appear.....Is it in Design? Layout? Home? I've tried everywhere......searched online and all of them just say it will appear when you click inside the table. Nope.......

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I have it whenever I create/insert a table. But that's 2013.
    If you go to File --->> Options --->>Customize Ribbon. There will be an option to reset any previous customization that were made to it. Just remember that it'll reset any and all customization made.

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Hi, yeah.....I was just exploring the customize ribbon under options.....it says it's there. At any rate, it's got the + by design and layout under table tools.....I find I can get where I need to be by clicking inside the table, then going to the "design" tab, which brings up the table tools on the ribbon.....so I can get there, it's just baffling why I don't automatically get the tab on the ribbon like everyone else...and I've checked out a couple of different how-to videos by experts. Curious.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219949

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice