1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Word Custom Templates: Headers, Footers Not Appearing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MichelleL, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichelleL

MichelleL Thread Starter

Hello!

After banging my head against the wall and fighting with Visual Basic to create a template full of fancy bells and whistles for my client, I've come up against a probably simple, but amazingly annoying issue.

When I apply my template to a document, the headers and footers don't appear. I don't understand. (Yes, I click View --> Headers, Footers.) They're not there.

I go back to the template. They exist. I create a new document. They exist. I apply the template to a document with no headers/footers (or in some cases existing headers/footers) and nothing.

If it were just for me, I'd come up with a workaround. But I need to hand this template off to a client who needs to work with it. Cutting and pasting, etc, isn't going to do it.

Surely there is a way to make the headers and footers appear when applying to an EXISTING document.

Thank you so much, in advance, for any help you might provide.

Cheers,
    Michelle

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum. If you post the Word document as an attachment we can better look at it. I think you cannot post attachments until your 7th post or so though. If you mail me the document and let me know on the forum, then I will post it up here for you. Also if you feel uncomfortable posting the document, just post the code instead. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/692759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice