Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms-Word display on HP Pavillion "beats audio" Laptop

686 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Keebellah 
#1 ·
I work as a part-time IT Admin for a small Not for Profit charity. They have a mish-mash of hardware. I am trying to install Office 365 (trial) on the Laptops. Done it successfully on a Lenovo laptop and all works fine. I loaded 365 (office 2016, Win 8.1) on our HP Pavillion "beats audio" Laptop and although it installed OK, some of the display things don't seem to work as I would expect.

For example, if I want to highlight text to copy and paste it, it does not highlight the selected text, making it pretty awkward to see what you have copied. Also, in 'Print Layout' mode, I don't see any "white space" around the document nor do header or footers show (unless I go to Print Preview).

I myself use a Toshiba Satellite laptop, so am not really familiar with the "beats audio" machine, but I am aware the screen is obviously smaller.

Anyway, has anyone else seen this? Is there a setting I should be setting (sorry about that double use of words)? The actual Word App itself works OK apart from the peculiarities of the display and since other members of the Charity will be using it I need it to look and feel correct (they are not very Tech literate - I could work around it, pain though it is, but I think others may struggle).

Clutching at straws really, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Many thanks guys and gals.

Andy

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, I don't have any experience with any of these "special" systems that have extra features installed to sell better; I may assume that the "beats audio" has extra software for a a nice sound card and maybe video card.
It could very well be that that particular piece of software 'disrupted' the basic settings and therefore messes up on screen resolution.
An option is maybe reinstalling the software for the "beat audio" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.