MS Word for Mac warning: This document contain fields

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LifeinPlastic

I am getting a new behaviour from MS Word for Mac.
Every time I copy and paste text and images from a web page into MS Word for Mac a window comes up saying: "This document contains fields that can share data with external files and websites. It is important that this file is from a trustworthy source. Choosing Yes will enable updating all fields in this file, until you close it. No/Yes"

I have to choose yes each time I press paste to go ahead. How can this warning be disabled?

When I search Google I only get solutions for Windows machines.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) macOS Big Sur Version 11.4
Microsoft Word for Mac Version 16.50 (21061301)

Last edited:

Couriant

James
Sounds like Word is doing its job, making sure that the links from the images which probably has links within in it also are good.

You should have the same menus: File > Options > Advanced. Try this option:

1624547841982.png

Couriant

James
Also, is your other thread about pictures the same pictures from webpages?

I am getting a new behaviour from MS Word for Mac.
Every time I copy and paste text and images from a web page into MS Word for Mac a window comes up saying: "This document contains fields that can share data with external files and websites. It is important that this file is from a trustworthy source. Choosing Yes will enable updating all fields in this file, until you close it. No/Yes"

I have to choose yes each time I press paste to go ahead. How can this warning be disabled?

When I search Google I only get solutions for Windows machines.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) macOS Big Sur Version 11.4
Microsoft Word for Mac Version 16.50 (21061301)
I have the same problem. it's unclear what exactly the warning is for. Word for Mac does NOT have the same options and/or advanced preferences as the Windows Word seems to have, so I think we would need assistance from someone with experience with Word for Mac.

LifeinPlastic

Also, is your other thread about pictures the same pictures from webpages?
My other thread is about documents that are years old; that were created as .doc files. In many cases the pictures are not linked to any websites.

LifeinPlastic

I have the same problem. it's unclear what exactly the warning is for. Word for Mac does NOT have the same options and/or advanced preferences as the Windows Word seems to have, so I think we would need assistance from someone with experience with Word for Mac.
I once had a former windows user call the Mac version of Microsoft office "crippled"

LifeinPlastic

Sounds like Word is doing its job, making sure that the links from the images which probably has links within in it also are good.

You should have the same menus: File > Options > Advanced. Try this option:

View attachment 288668
screen shot of Word preferences.jpg

this is the closest screen to yours from the preferences/edit menu...
The desired effect is to disable the warning window. I don't see that option.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online