1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Word problem (MS Office 365)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jbyrdmor, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jbyrdmor

jbyrdmor Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16185 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 204698 MB, Free - 93220 MB; D: Total - 510602 MB, Free - 305008 MB; G: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 394282 MB;
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DH87MC
    Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

The problem I have is that whenever I close Word 2013 (Office 365), a small window opens up on the screen that says "Microsoft Word is restarting..." and there is a "Cancel" button below. If I don't get to the cancel button in time, or I don't see the message because another program has the focus, Word (re)opens up to a new blank page; once I close this page, the program finally stays closed, until the next time I open and close it and it starts up again automatically.

This is driving me mad and wasting a lot of my time and attention, since I use Word for my work and am constantly opening and closing the program during the day.

I have looked all over for a solution to this problem, but I seem to be the only person in the world this is happening to. I hope someone knows how to stop it or can tell me where to go to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. night-fury

night-fury

did u try to repair it? if not, give it a try. go the uninstall list. select MS office. click change (not uninstall of course) and proceed to repair the installation.

second option is to uninstall and re-install. Do you have the media?

3. jbyrdmor

jbyrdmor Thread Starter

"did u try to repair it? if not, give it a try. go the uninstall list. select MS office. click change (not uninstall of course) and proceed to repair the installation.

second option is to uninstall and re-install. Do you have the media?"

This is Office 365. I bought it online and downloaded the installation file, which I still have. As regards trying to repair it: yes, I have run both the "Quick Repair" and the "Online Repair" ("Fixes all issues, but takes a little longer ... you can select this option if you are still having problems after a quick repair") several times, but to no avail.

I had hoped to find a solution to the problem without having to uninstall and re-install Office, especially since there is no guarantee that after doing so the problem will have disappeared. But I will try that and post the result opportunely.

Thanks for your suggestion.

4. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Applying or re-applying SP1 for Office 2013 may well take care of this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice