MS Word: want to Paste Unformatted Text by default

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

roesing

When I copy and paste text in MS Word, the Paste command always pastes formatted text. I think, in the past 7 years or so that I've been using Word, I've never once wanted to keep the formatting on a block of text. For example, if I'm copying a few sentences from a document that's formatted in Times New Roman, 12 point, into my current document that's formatted in Tahoma, 11 point, I can't ever think of a time when I'd want to paste it formatted.

Can I change the default setting for Paste somewhere in Word, or thru a registry hack of some kind? I know I can use Paste Special, Unformatted Text, each time, but I'd rather be able to use a normal Paste for a change.

Thanks,
Rich
Sofia, Bulgaria

Anne Troy

Anne
Hey, Rich.

Ever record a macro? Here's the code.

If you don't know how, do this.

Hit Tools-Macro-Record new macro. Give it a name and hit Toolbar, and put a button on your toolbar.
Then, do anything at all, like type something, then hit the stop recording button.

Hit Alt-F11 to get to the visual basic editor to see what you recorded. Whatever it recorded, just REPLACE with the code below.

Then, whenever you hit that button, it should paste whatever is on the clipboard as unformatted text.

Sub PasteUnformatted()
'
' Paste Unformatted Text Macro
' Macro recorded 1/27/00 by Dreamboat
'
Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False
End Sub

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online