ms word will not save files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jghays

Ms Word will not save an edited nor new file. There is no error msg. I am using Windows 7, cannot find normal.dot nor any other normal, I have ran diagnostic, uninstalled and reinstalled MS Office, it still will not "save" nor "save as" it just sits there. When I try to save an edited file and check "yes" it just sits there unless I check "no" and it removes the file but will not save it.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 336778 MB, Free - 214233 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 5739 MB; G: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 485413 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0FM586
Antivirus: ZoneAlarm Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

DoubleHelix

Banned
You save changes to existingfiles? Or you can't save new files? What, exactly is "removed"?
You're saying you cannot click on the Yes button? Does it depress but not respond? It's a standard Windows dialog. Can you save edited Notepad files? Excel files? PowerPoint files?

Jghays

I have been to the site you cite and have corresponded with Don directly to no avail.

Jghays

MS Word will not save neither existing nor new files. When I try to save a new file, nothing happens. When I try to save and existing file and press yes, nothing happens, when I press no, it removes the file from the screen. I can save in the other features of Office and also my other programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online