MS Word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brandyph

:cool: I have a Word document that will not open. I removed the JumpDrive before a complete save, and now I am unable to open the file. Listed below is the error message I am receiving.

Error messages:

"Microsoft Word

The document name or path is not valid. Try these

suggestions.
* Check the file permissions for the document or

drive.
* Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document.

(F:\Siebel\...\Siebel DR.doc)"

The document is listed on the JumpDrive as OK, but still unable to open it.

Siebel DR.doc 916 KB 7/15/2005 9:52 AM Microsoft Word Document

Does anyone have a clue on how to restore this document? I tried the suggestions, but nothing works.

Thanks

Brandy

When you are trying to retrieve this document - where are you trying? From Word or from Explorer?

Have you tried copying the document to your desktop or to another file/drive and seeing if it will open?

You could try searching for a temp file of the Word document, but that may have already been deleted. Try searching for files created on the date you worked on it and see if there are any temp files that appear to be "saved" word documents. I don't think this will work, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Brandyph

I tried. Nothing was found.

Thanks for your help. I just recreated the document. My thoughts were lost, but new thoughts do occur. (Sometimes (Smile))

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online