Ms Word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

foofighters

I am having trouble using the SAVE-AS in Word. When I pull a doc that was sent to me over the internet and bring it up in Word, I try to save -as and it will not let me do that. Has anyone hd this problem?

Here is the message that my client gets when she opens Word:

then try to go to the folder I want to save it in. That's it. It never
shows me the drop down list of my computer so I can choose it just shows
the hourglass then it says NOT RESPONDING and hangs up the app.

foofighters

What -exactly- happens when you try "save-as"?

If you could explain the exact nature of the problem it may help.

foofighters

My client emailed me this message :(This is what happens)

then try to go to the folder I want to save it in. That's it. It never
shows me the drop down list of my computer so I can choose it just shows
the hourglass then it says NOT RESPONDING and hangs up the app.

Is your customer trying to save that file on a network drive or she is a home user and working on a single PC. Please let me also know the version of word your customer is using?
- Which is the OS installed?
- Exact Error message?
- Any antivirus installed?
This will help me to analyze the issue further

I dunno if I can help, but I had the same problem with Word 97 on my old old old Windows 95. If I clicked the drop-down box, it freezes and ends the program for me. What I did was to use The Up One Level button instead.

I will suggest you to better upgrade your system to Windows XP or word 2003 as there is no support for the windows 95 and word 97 available with microsoft as it is outdated...:(

badal said:
I will suggest you to better upgrade your system to Windows XP or word 2003 as there is no support for the windows 95 and word 97 available with microsoft as it is outdated...:(
Lol my dad made me throw that computer out. Now I have a 2006 Toshiba Satellite a100 laptop with Windows XP Home SP2 and Microsoft Office 2000 Premium and Open Office 2 also:D

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Gentlemen:

The thread you are responding to was started 7 months ago!!!

And has had no additional posts since then!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online