1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Word

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jph65, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jph65

jph65 Thread Starter

I'm operating on windows xp and have been since 2002, just recently my ms word stopped working when i double click the icon a message pops up telling me THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND?, so i tried to use system restore but that wont open fully either?:(

2. MomAries

MomAries Banned

1) Try to download Openoffice.org ... Google the latest version. Ask somebody to send you a MS Word document and try to open this document.

2) If Openoffice.org doesn't help you search for the Microsoft forum and ask your question in this forum.

3) You last resort is to get www.plumchoice.com involved. It's not free computer help, but they are very very good technicians and will solve your problem. If they don't they will not charge you.

Best of luck to you.
    If I had your problem I would follow these steps ... To e-mail MSN is a waste of time. I gave up on MSN. They outsourced tech. support to India.

3. jph65

jph65 Thread Starter

:)thank you for your help concerning my ms word problem, will try to download openoffice.org.

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

Have you tried repairing your installation? If you can't start the program, goto Add/Remove Programs, find MS Office/MS Word and click the Change button. You'll be given a choice to re-install/repair, uninstall, or chnge features (wording depends on the version you have).

You may need the CD if you've deleted the hidden installation files.

HTH

Jerry

5. jph65

jph65 Thread Starter

Hi
    Thank you very much for your welcome and your help this far.:)

I have tried repair but that failed too, because I can't open add/remove programs I double click on it and nothing happens. I tried system restore but that won't work either:(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice