MS Works 4.0 Dates 1906 instead of 2006

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BratDawg

Carla
I reinstalled MS Works 4 on my xp machine - it's an older version of ms works, but the newer one I have is so confusing I can't figure out how to print my labels. :(

I have a mail merge form that prints out a page of address labels from the table. One of the fields that prints is a date field.

I noticed that the dates are 1906 instead of 2006. What's with that? I have never seen this happen before. :( How can I fix it?

O crap! The dates have changed to 1906 in the table too. :( I already told it to save changes when I closed it out after printing. I have now no clue when these people expire.

Thanks.

Pre- Y2K

The Y2K CD from Microsoft replaced 4.0 with 4.5 (FREE)

Apparently back then they thought that computers were "just a fad" and would not be needed after 1999.

Excuse my silliness--- the problem is, indeed, Y2K related & was fixed in the "Microsoft Year 2000 Resource CD"---- If a friend has one it will make the patches you need. (It will also make appropriate changes to many of Microsoft's programs and operating systems of that era). The real problem was more related to a combination of the cost of memory & shortsightedness in the industry.

I hope you can find one---- However, if not----- may I recommend downloading OpenOffice as a much superior replacement (FREE).

You will still have to read in your old files--- save them as .rtf (for word processing files), and whatever compatible file formats for any spreadsheet and database files. (I probably stayed with "Works" more for the simplicity of the spreadsheet as anything).

Making the change to OpenOffice will take a little learning- but it is a full-blown office suite of programs with no apologies to anyone.

letchworth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online