1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Works database error message

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by queensgrt, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. queensgrt

queensgrt Thread Starter

Use XP OS and Works 9.0. Got the following error message when I tried to open my document, which I'd been working on all day. It is my time sheet and now I can't open it, and I've lost ALL my billing for October. I'll donate big bucks if someone can help. Microsoft paid support is a joke. This has been a problem with earlier versions according to my Google search, but was supposed to be fixed with the 9.0 version - but obviously it's still an issue. Here's the error message:

There was a serious error loading the data. Your document appears to be damaged. Works will stop loading the document with what was read when the error occurred. Please try loading a recent backup copy of this document.

My backup won't open either, so I'm really screwed. I'm serious about the donation. Please help me get this file opened. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Sponsor

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

You could try opening the document with another software program like Excel or the free Open Office.

4. queensgrt

queensgrt Thread Starter

Thanks, OBP, but it says file formal not valid when I try that. Any other thoughts?

5. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Can you send me a copy of the file?

6. queensgrt

queensgrt Thread Starter

Yes, OBP, would be happy to. edited to remove email addy. Send me an email and tell me how to send the file to you. It's very small, so could do as an attachment. Thanks so much

7. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

I have emailed you, so I suggest that you remove your email address from your last post to avoid being Spammed.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/875614