1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Works or Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by enomis, Apr 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. enomis

enomis Thread Starter

Have made a form and am trying to print it out with vertical and horizontal lines...checked the "print grids" in the options box but nothing prints out except 1 blank outlined cell.
    Obviously am not into the Office stuff of the computer so really need help on this....Thx so much in advance

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Unfortunately, I'm going to need to know what program you're in, Word or Works, before I can really help you further. To find out, just hit the Help dropdown menu and then About... and it will tell you not only the program, but also the version.

You might find this helpful: Generally (not always!), Microsoft uses the term gridlines when it talks about viewing; and uses the term borders for printing those lines.

3. enomis

enomis Thread Starter

Thank you for responding....I typed the chart form I wanted in both Word and Works...I didn't try border option...will try that...when I went to Help sectionthe verbage seem to indicate that if I checked the gridline box it would print the lines....very frustrating..Thx in advance.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    In Word, click anywhere inside the table. Hit Table-Select Table.

Hit Format-Borders and Shading and choose the borders tab. Select the border that looks like a 4-pane window (grid). To ensure that it's right, do a print preview first.

5. mmsbk

mmsbk

Ah, borders!!! OK, now I can print my gridlines at last. Silly me, I thought when programmme said 'print gridlines', it meant , you know, gridlines , but thanks to this forum, I realise they mean borders when they say grilines . Thank you all

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Where is the "Print Gridlines" option within Word? I have seen the "Show/Hide Gridlines" under the "Table" menu. The only application that I recall has "Print Gridlines" is Excel within "Page Setup." Could you please also mark your post as "Solved" via the "Thread Tools" list at the top of the post as well? Thanks and have a good day.

7. mmsbk

mmsbk

Reply to jmr 381. In Excel, under page setup, in sheet, the check box for print gridlines. I wasn't using Word, so not sure whether your post referred to me there. Anyway, fixed and I have done the probem solved thing you instructed me to.
    Thanks everybody

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/41612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice