1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ms

Discussion in 'Networking' started by msgeo, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. msgeo

msgeo Thread Starter

I have a n HP Pavilion dv6000. Up until a couple of days ago it was working perfectly WIRELESS. Now, although my system shows that I still have WIRELESS connection, and I get a message from Windows saying " the settings between the laptop and the modem do not correspond" If I want to use the internet I have to link by the cable. Please help me sort this out.:(

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065557