MSA.exe and b.exe Unable to install programs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EMozartKV313

Hi. I downloaded some type of program that installed the ask toolbar and msa.exe I managed to delete the b.exe and msa.exe; however my machine is still acting up. I cannot install any program and my AVG is NOT picking up anything. Whenever I go to search the web in firefox in the google search bar websites come up when I click on the link I searched for (for example, I searched for Chipoltle and when I clicked on the link it went to some webpage that offered insurance...wtf).

I don;t want to install Norton, because I'm not confident that Norton will pick up and fix what is wrong. Can someone help me? Remember, I cannot install programs; otherwise I get an error box that says I do not have permission (but I do).

Thanks!

EMozartKV313

Ok, I broke down and ran Norton. It found a couple trojans and removed them; however my computer is still acting funny. I get an error when I try to execute any program. I want to run Spy Bot Search and Destroy to see if Norton missed any Malware or Spyware. The error message is a screen cap that is attached.

EMozartKV313

Sorry for the posts...here is an update. Whatever this Malware or Virus was...it removed my background image on my desktop and is prohibiting me to apply a new one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online