1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msaccess database & pictures

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by storyman, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. storyman

storyman Thread Starter

I've created an msaccess database that must include pictures. We need the ability to click on the ole box, retrieve the appropriate picture so it can be seen, but then have the disappear upon exit. Is this possible? I've created the ole box so that the pictures are linked, not imbedded, but this doesn't work (I delete the original picture, but the picture remains in the database). I've tried it as a hyperlink, but the picture opens in Microsoft Picture editor. We will be using many pictures in this database, so we do not want them included in the permanent record. Running Access 2002. Thanks.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  3. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

There is a sample database in the link that I found useful. The pictures are stored in a seperate folder (outside of access), you create a table that has the file name in one of the fields.

This is a sample of the code that could go into the "On current" event of the form:

Private Sub Form_Current()
    Dim path As String

If Me.Filename <> "" Then

path = "C:\my Documents\"
    Me![Image6].Picture = path & Me![Filename]

End If

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46329

Try also designing as a subform if you want to include multiple pictures for each record.

Ziggy

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice