1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msasn1.dll

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by drkninja10, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drkninja10

drkninja10 Thread Starter

My operating systems is Windows 95, and its giving me a message that I don't have msasn1.dll. The computer will not let me get on SBC DSL, I don't know how to fix the problem.
    How do I fix it without getting on the INTERNET with that computer?

2. TOF

TOF

This is a Microsoft dll file and can be extracted from the cab files if you know how.

A more user friendly method would be for you to download the file using another computer. By the looks of another website, this file probably belongs in the Netmeeting folder.

3. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

If you have the win95 OS CD or a copy of the CD on you computer you can try to extract the file using System file checker.A google of that particular dll file seems to indicate that it's part of microsofts' directory services client , whatever that is. :)

4. Arky

Arky

5. drkninja10

I found out that I have Windows 98 operating system. :eek: I tried TOF's suggestion from 2 different computers and when I loaded the floppy into my computer an error message and 'Dr. Watson' came on.

Along with the error messaged I cannot shut down my computer except manually.

If I load the Win98 systems disk again, will msasn1.dll be on it? I also have pictures I don't want to lose, will thet be safe?

6. Arky

Arky

msasn1.dll is not on the Win95, Win98 or Win98SE system disks. It first showed up in WinME and later in Win2KP and WinXP.
    See my posting above or do a Yahoo search on msasn1.dll.

7. brindle

brindle

win98se
    it's located here C:\windows\system\msasn1.dll
    64.0kb in size so will easily fit on a 3.5
    Arky is right it is not on the 98 or 98se CD

8. TOF

TOF

9. drkninja10

Thanks so much :D Your help has been very valueable, I was able to solve that problem.

10. TOF

TOF

Wonderful! (y) :) (y)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice