MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of it's depensides not properly registered missing or invaladfile

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pkm193

HELP THAT WHAT IT SAYS WHEN I STRAT A GAME I HAVE CALLED PRANKMASTER(WELL PRANK ACTUALLY) I put the file in same folder and in c:windows:system what do i do i really need this program to work can you plz help(and send me another copy of file in case something wrong with my copy which i highly doubt) SOOOOO WHAT COULD BE WRONG.

PS.CHEACK OUT MY MODEM THREAD TO PLZ THANKS BYE

I take it you put the ocx file in but did you do the following to register it

Next, click the Windows Start button (found in the lower left corner of your screen) and choose the Run option. Inside the Run window type the following:

regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx
Next, click the OK button. Once this is done, close all programs and restart your computer.

pkm193

NOPE NEVER MIND WHEN I DO THAT IT SAYS : Loadlibrary ("mscomctl.ocx") failed. Get last error returns 0x00000485

You sure you put it in c:\windows\system that error means it can't find it

pkm193

well i just re downloaded it from another(more reliable site) i will tell you if it helps and thanks you must be gooood with computers(win 98 especially) this is like 3 rd thread of mine you helped with well acturally first 2 were actually solved cuz of u. So now i finally got to thanks you :cool:

Anyway can you look at my other modem thread it's in hardware thanks again :) :p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online