msconfig and processes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

schugeorge

is there a way I can post an image of all processes that are running in the backround or at startup. I know I have some programs running in backround slowing down my pc. I've gone in and got rid of some of the excess antispy and virus programs. I had like 2 or 3 of each and kept one of each. I also deleted programs I don't use or haven't used in long time or that mar have been installed secretly when instaliing somthing i wanted. or perhaps installed whan I opened email. If I can post an image of programs instead of listing each on individually this would save a ton of time..any recommendations on good snapshot programs which are practical and easy to use......thanx

PS: I'm doing all this as my pc is starting to run really slow.

I suggest the most productive thing you can do is post a scan from HiJackThis. The program is free and can be downloaded here. Install the program to it's default location, close all windows, including the browser and open HJT. Click the "Do a system scan and save a logfile".

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy the entire log file content and paste in your next post.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING!!!

A member trained in HJT log evaluation will post back with some advice. Be patient, there are only a few members authorized to do this.

Raybro

EDIT... Forgot to mention... Windows has a built in "Snapshot" capability. It's called "Print Screen' and commonly referred as a screen shot. Here is how you do it.

To capture a screen shot.

Depending on what you want to capture, one of two options are available.

To capture the entire desktop, just press the "Print Screen" key located on the right hand side of the keyboard in the uppermost row of keys (to the right of the F12 key).

To capture the active (open) window only. Hold down the "Alt" key, then press the "Print Screen" key.

Following either one of the above actions, open Paint (Start/Programs/Accessories/Paint). Paste (Ctrl+V or Edit/Paste) the captured screen shot into Paint.

Under "File", select "Save As".

Browse to find where you wish to store the image.

In the "Save as Type" (at the bottom of the window), select .JPEG from the drop down menu.

Type in a file name and click "Save".

To attach the screen shot to a post on TSG.

Click the "Reply" button on this thread. At the top of the reply window are two rows of symbols. In the top row next to the smilie face is a "Paper Clip" symbol. Click that symbol.

A new window (Manage Attachments) will open. Click the "Browse" button and navigate to the saved screen shot and click it. Now in the Manage Attachments window click the "Upload" button. Repeat the process for any additional screen shots. When done, click "Close Window" in the upper right corner.

When you Click "Submit Reply" on the forum, a thumbnail of the image(s) will appear at the bottom of the post. If you click the thumbnail a full page size of the image will open.

Raybro

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Also do the following so we can see what's installed:

Start HijackThis, but don't run a scan.

Click on the "Open The Misc Tools Section" button.

Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button.

Click the "Save List" button.

Save the "uninstall_list.txt" file somewhere. It'll then open in Notepad.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the entire file here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online