msconfig opens search

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alwrmc

B.L.
I have a friends computer to remove some junk software for him. When I type "msconfig" into the run box it opens "Search Results in Indexed Locations" instead of the expected window.
However, when I use the Win + r method I get the msconfig window/options.

How do I get the normal (for me) method of opening msconfig by simply typing it into the run box to return?

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Looks like the keyboard might be configured in another language?

alwrmc

B.L.
"another language?" ..... I don't think so, but I'll check it later today. It's his computer and monitor but I supplied one of my keyboards and trackball. It worked as normal the first time I used "msconfig" to go in and stop some of the toolbars they had accumulated. I then downloaded Revo Uninstaller and removed a lot (a lot !!) of junk. Later when I tried using msconfig again is when I found the problem.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
I think you may have deleted a little too much "junk" with Revo. I never use Revo unless I'm having trouble uninstalling a particular program.

Try a System Restore.

alwrmc

B.L.
No, don't think Revo is the problem either.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online