msconfig startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rdethomas

What will happen on the next boot if I click "disable all" on the msconfig startup tab? Is it true that only the XP process items will regenerate?

bonk

Banned
If you look at the startup processes in the startup list then they are the ones that will not startup........if you look at the Applications list they will.

What is the problem you are trying to solve or is this just a query?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm curious too as to what you're trying to do.

Personally, I have nothing else except for my antivirus program, firewall program, and ctfmon.exe running in the background. All other startup entries are unchecked and disabled from doing so. Depending on how you use your computer and what peripherals are connected to it will determine which startup entries absolutely need to run in the background.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rdethomas

bonk said:
If you look at the startup processes in the startup list then they are the ones that will not startup........if you look at the Applications list they will.

What is the problem you are trying to solve or is this just a query?
I have a McAffee error message but I do not have a MacAffee program installed. The System32 folder appears at startup also.

bonk

Banned
If we can see your startup list would help.

Here's how

Download Hijack This to your desktop
Open it and click on the Hijack.exe it will open and use the default path
Check do you wish an Icon.......
Click on Icon and choose Open Misc Tools Section
Then at the top Click on Generate a Startup list.... it will open in notepad

Copy & Paste it in your next reply

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
By all means, post a HijackThis log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look in the Add/Remove Programs list in the Control Panel, and look in the C:\
Program Files
folder. Are any of these entries present?

McAfee

VirusScan

Network Associates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online