1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSConfig Utility & Startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by XR8D2K, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XR8D2K

XR8D2K Thread Starter

I need help.... AGAIN...!!!

first part...

how can I stop or block pragrams being loaded onto my rig without my permission or knowledge... such as i go to Add/Rem Software and I see these little pesky utilities like Lycos or 180Solutions crap or some kind of Search or Bargain Buddy crap...

which of course I have to go thru the madness of removing or uninstalling and cleaning my registry...

second part...

I go into MSConfig Utility / Startup... I see a whole slew of pesky critters that were LOADED onto my rig without my permission... Now that I have cleaned my rig, I would like to get them little critters OUT of my startup tab... I go to selective menu but want normal startup... If I deselect and just select the few services that I want, they all come back after restart...

who has found a remedy for this headache...???

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice