1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mscoree.dll missing

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by rnwatkins, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rnwatkins

rnwatkins Thread Starter

I'm new to Visual Basic.Net and programming in general. So, forgive me if my question seems elementary. I created a program and built it for release. It works great on my computer that has Windows XP and another computer with Windows XP. But when I tried to launch it on a computer with Windows Me, I got the error message, "A required .dll file, MSCOREE.DLL was not found." BTW, I learned about this error from a friend to whom I had sent the program. He tried to launch it and got the missing .dll message. I confirmed it on my Windows Me computer.

I downloaded the mscoree.dll file from www.dll-files.com and placed it in the Windows/System file of the Windows Me computer. Now, when I try to launch the program I get a .Net Framework error: "Please set regisr\try key HKLM\Software\ Microsoft\NET Framework\InstallRoot to point to the Framework install location." Since you had and solved an MSCOREE.DLL problem I thought you might be able to help me sort this out.

Help would be appreciated.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Ron
    Welcome to TSG!
    I have limited knowledge of programming but maybe I can help a bit here.
    Seems there is a conflict VB6 and VB.net are very different from eachother and because of this a common language runtime must be installed on WinME and I assume Win98 also. From what I have read WinXP SP1 installs this common language runtime module so your program works ok. Here is an article by MS that explains the problem. Click Here for Article.

You can also do some research for yourself on the problem by reading other complaints and there is a bunch of them. Click Here for NewGroup articles.

Hope that helps you. I am also moving this Thread to Development because it is more a programming related situation than WinME.

Dave

3. sfriedman

sfriedman

4. nekur0

nekur0

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!