1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msdos & early win - download free

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by grimsbyalan, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grimsbyalan

grimsbyalan Thread Starter

if you require a old operating systems ie dos 6.22 or early windows try www.oldos.org/os.htm another great site I get a lot of rescources from is www.megspace.com/computers/lightspeedref/main.html have mentioned both sites before but thought I would highlight them again for everyone to look at, cos there seems to be a few suggesting microsoft operating systems are not available for downloading. good sites worth making a note off, Enjoy, Alan

2. RandyG

RandyG

Thanx for the links grimsbyalan!!:D

I was one of those saying they weren't available, so it's nice to be proven wrong and corrected so politely!!:D;)

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

I am almost 100% sure those downloads are illegal.
    MS-DOS is a commercial product, and Microsoft is still selling it.

There are however, free DOS alternatives such as Dr Dos or FreeDOS.

4. grimsbyalan

I am sure you are 100% correct, but many may like to take advantage whilst they are available for free.

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Thats the thing, they aren't supposed to be available for free, and they always will be. They area available through file-sharing and warez sites.
    I don't think this board is the place to trade illegal software.

6. grimsbyalan

No ones trading here. the forum is being used exactly for what it is intended; sharing the word with like minded friends. take it easy Alan.

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Ok, its not up to me, but that is how I interpret this rule

8. grimsbyalan

Again I admit defeat and am ashamed. I just assumed there may be others out there.... like myself penniless, skint, struggling to pay bills, mortgage whilst trying to raise a family. Whose only escape is to surf the net on a clamped out PC, exploring the world from the comfort of our roach ridden hut. One of the few highlights in our sad lives is, now and again, stumbling across small gems of a download and obtaining quality software for nothing. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive us Brendon. Please do not judge or lecture those trying to share agood thing. Amen. Alan

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice