msdos.sys file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fren

Hello

My pc doesn't have "msdos.sys" file. Open all hidden files and search for it but always failed to find this file in the system. Why? The pc runs smoothly and normally even without this file.

WinME, Compaq Bios, 10 gb HD

Thanks for any help!!!

I was wondering the same thing last night while trying to prepare a custom boot disk. I suspect that it has been replaced in ME by winboot.sys.

ME is one more step from Windows being DOS-based, and the registry may have replaced most of the previous functions of msdos.sys.

fren

Greetings!

I know that the msdos.sys file is hidden. I tried to view all hidden files and search for it but I did not find it. Do WinME really need to have msdos.sys file?

Thanks!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online