1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSE: no AIM, now no internet HI-SPEED

Discussion in 'General Security' started by WW2, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WW2

WW2 Thread Starter

When I installed MSE on my tower I was able to use my AOL dial-up and the integral AIM.
    Then put MSE on laptop which only uses wireless, and could not use AIM, now can't even access the internet, while person sitting next to me is able to do so on their laptop, the ONLY variable was the installation of MSE, is UNINSTALLING MSE easy and complete and would AVAST or the new AVG be a good replacement for it? I cannot think of any other reason for the problem.

And how DO you uninstall MSE?
    Laptop using the hybrid Vista/7, not quite 7 not like the original Vista

I was able to use AOL dial-up on this laptop until, after having too many blue screens, decided to uninstall and then reinstall AOL. Well when AOL would attempt to dial-out to find the phone #s to use IMMEDIATELY at that point of the reinstallation the BLUE SCREEN came up, no matter how often I tried uninstall/reinstall it kept happening, I assume it had something to do with Windows thinking it was an attack or something. So was using the laptop solely with Hi-Speed Wireless at school now after this MSE installation not even that works.

Well made it on for a second just now then booted

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Nobody here has complained about uninstallation of MSE so far. Use Control Panel/Programs and Features.

What do you mean by "hybrid Vista/7" ? Never heard of such a thing. Please explain.

I

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi WW2, I got your PM- I am sorry, but do not have much to add here. I am leaning toward driver issues causing the BSOD, but you have not really given us much to work with. We do need to fully understand what the "hybrid" means....

What operating system is it, and how did you obtain it?

There are some very talented people here, and if you want help no doubt we can offer some.

If the dialup modem worked in regular XP but did not in Win7, then most likely it is a driver problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice