Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Msgsrv32 (not responding) error on Startup

673 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TonyKlein 
#1 ·
I posted this before and I thought we got it fixed but it isnt.

Whenever I startup my PC it hangs as it starts to load the taskbar items. It loads the Task Sceduler and then it hangs until I give it the three finger salute.

Once the close program dialog box is open MSGSRV32 is highlighted as not responding. When I end that task it starts up fine and things run smoothly until I use windows explorer to browse my files. Once I do something outside of the explorer window its like its not there anymore. Its still listed in my program bar as one of the items I have open but you cannot maximize it or use it at all. You have to open a new explorer window to browse you files with and this new window will do the same thing. On top of all that if you goto the close program dialog box to end the explorer task it locks up the system.

Any suggestions.

I am running Windows 98.

#2 ·
You could try the following things:

Go to Control Panel/Power Options and disable APM completely. Reboot.

If that doesn't do it, try to remove and re-install Dial Up Networking in Software/Windows Setup

It could also possibly be your modem. Remove it in Device Manager, and reinstall it with the most recent driver.

And here's a MS article: Msgsrv32.exe Stops Responding and Then the Computer Stops Responding

Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.