1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSGSRV32 Not Responding.....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gromit77, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gromit77

gromit77 Thread Starter

Hi,

Tried to resolve this on another board not really got anywhere, thought I'd try it here too!

BACKGROUND!!
    Originally I was looking to resolve a problem I was having where my PC would not shutdown or restart. When I selected either, desktop icons would disapear and my task bar vanish as normal but then nothing, I would just have my desktop sitting there blank and idle. Around this time I did a virus scan and discovered I had the W32.PINFI virus and it had infected some 1800 files, with the help of Norton that is now completely clean. My PC is now shutting down properly some of the time, other times it needs me to CTRL,ALT,DEL and select shut down again.

However the problem I want to sort now, and possibly the reason for my shutdown problems is MSGSRV32 not responding. It seems to be connected to Internet Explorer & Outlook Express as I only get this problem when I launch those. I've opened them both on their own and together and the problem occurs each time. IE opens fine but as soon as you try and navigate it freezes, if left for 3 to 5 mins it usually kicks back into life. OE boots up but takes longer than it should and sometimes freezes. When I CTRL,ALT,DEL on either prog usually it says that the programme is not responding, when I CTRL,ALT,DEL again it says MSGSRV32 is not responding. When I close MSGSRV32 things usually pick up and run normal. If I do this whole process and get it run it will run all day with no problems unless I shut down and reboot, then it starts again.

WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR!!
    I've reinstalled IE, OE and MSN Messenger, I've scanned with Norton, Spybot and Ad Aware all clean. Interestingly if I go to MSCONFIG and disable the start up groups the PC works fine, no MSGSRV32 problems and it shuts down without problem!

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Neil

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

If this is windows 98, click run and type "sfc" and press enter. Have the system file checker check and replace corrupted files.

3. gromit77

gromit77 Thread Starter

Hi sorry should have said I'm running WinME.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice