1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Msgsrv32

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JTF, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JTF

JTF Thread Starter

OS WIN 98: Whenever I try to shutdown my PC get a MSGSRV32 error, invalid page fault in module Unkown at 0084:66860225. When I bring up dxdiag under run it shows no problems. Noticed this: The file sis597m.drv is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). Current drivers tested for a WHQL logo are only available on Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. New Windows 98 drivers are no longer tested for WHQL logos. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
    Any ideas, I assume this stuff has been there since I bought the pc.

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

Are you using advanced power management and a screensaver ? If so do away with power management, the screen saver or both.

3. beekeeper

beekeeper

"PROBLEM - you get a Msgsrv32 error each time you try to shut down your computer.
    CAUSE - your sound card. If you get this error, you should update the driver of your sound card. To see what sound card you have, go to Control Panel/System/Device Manager. Expand the Sound section, click your sound card (which could be called a "device") and click Properties. Now select the driver tab. Write down the name of your card and its driver, and start looking for an updated version. "

4. JTF

JTF Thread Starter

I don't use screensavers, my advanced power management is on how do I disable it. I will also update my sound card if I can find a driver, I have a AOPEN 2-1-1999.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice