1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSHTMLED.dll errors

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Randal12, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Randal12

Randal12 Thread Starter

I get MSHTMLED.dll errors intermittently, when sending messages directly through a Webmail interface, without Outlook. It shuts down IE Explorer.

Can I delete my existing dll, and download a new one, and expect it to fix the problem? Or, another solution....??? Thanks!

2. killah

killah

MSHTMLED.dll File Description Microsoft (R) HTML Editing Component

Hmm, Never know with Microsoft...I usually just click it and hope it works...

Have you tried another browser and see if it works fine? Like Firefox, Opera or Netscape?
    If you try one of those and it works fine, then if you insist on using IE I would do a Upgrade if you need it, or if you have the latest upgrade do a Repair and see if that helps.

3. Randal12

Randal12 Thread Starter

Do a Repair: at the Microsoft site, or do you mean something else? I've never done a dll repair.

4. killah

killah

what version of windows you running?
    what version of IE?

5. Randal12

Randal12 Thread Starter

ME, 5.50.4134
    yeah, I know....but advice still accepted

6. killah

killah

can upgrade to IE 6 from www.microsoft.com and see if that fixes it...that would be the best bet.

Did you try any other browser yet and see if the problem was persistent?

7. Randal12

Randal12 Thread Starter

Not yet. I am thinking about joining the Firefox movement, but I am sort of resistant to change, even though I resent the failures inherent in MS.

thanks - I'll upgrade.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324629

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice