1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSI CR640 (A6400us) slow keyboard response time...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by casefolder, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casefolder

casefolder Thread Starter

Hello,

The Notebook mentioned in the title has a very annoying problem. After boot it works fine. After a while it suddenly starts delaying the typing. Words will appear a second later after you "hacked" them into the keyboard.
    So, I'm already trying to figure out the problem:

- it's not a problem occuring in only one app e.g. Word 2010. When it starts you will have it everywhere, even in notepad or in the browser address field.

- killing the explorer.exe and starting the process again makes the problem disappear again!

- The notebook was usually on batteries and in a powersaving mode called OFFICE, when it happened. I don't have enough data yet to say it wouldn't happen in ECO OFF mode either. Also I saw there were a bunch of new updates for windows 7 for the Intel HD 3000 graphics, yesterday. I'm a little afraid that it's due to powersaving. In OFFICE mode it gives maximum powersaving to the graphics.

I'd like to know what you guys think. I didn't try a bios update yet. But I could do this as one of the steps to narrow down the problem. What would be the most professional way to narrow the problem down? Do I have to study system or application logs right when the problem occurs?

Ah, maybe it's helpful to mention that the cursor/touchpad response and system performance stays fine, while the keyboard lags.

Thx for help,
    Andreas

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice