1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSI GTX 680 blackout after few minutes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PCMan1212, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCMan1212

PCMan1212 Thread Starter

HI GUYS....... i replaced AMD radeon 6750 with a used MSI GTX 68O to my i7 2400 on gigabyte z68x-ud4-b3 with Corsair 850w PSU,
    It did not detect the card at first so i updated the Basic Graphic drivers from the Device manager.
    It then showed that the Nvidia 680 is installed and the resolution was all good.
    i loaded the fortnite, it was updating the game, when i went for a cup of tea........... i came back and the screen was all black..... just like that...... card was running but no display.
    I connected the ASUS Radeon 6750 back and it works fine. so the slot is ok.
    i connected the MSI back but no display and no boot ( but the fans run) , changed again with AMD and that one is ok.......
    Wondering what happened while i was on a tea break....... Im not a pro so please advise ................

Now when ever i connect the GTX card the blue lights dont come up immediately, rather the fans run and then around 10 seconds the blue GPU lights come up and the fans start to spins in the other direction they started with. I did not notice this the first time so maybe its normal... i dont know.

Please help

Im left with a GPU not letting to even boot the system. ( the HD dosent make those burpy sounds.. )

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice