1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSI K7N2G reviews

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by etaf, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. etaf

etaf Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Wayne
    I'm interested in the MSI K7N2G motherboard as the basis of a new system I hope to build, and would be interested in any reviews,particularly around the onboard graphics which I have seen is just below a geforce4 mx440 spec.

would this board with 2 x matched 256M 333 memory, be able to provide the graphics to play my boys games, they are into gaming and have XBOX etc, they also have PCgames.

or must i get a graphics card and if so, which other motherboard should I get that does not have built in graphics?

I have also looked at the MSI 865PE-Neo2 LISR2 but this combo is expensive and starts to put the system outside my budget

2. compilerxp

compilerxp

You can get an MSI or ASUS motherboard for about $80~100 without onboard video. Then spend $75 for a Ti4200-64mb if you want to do some serious gaming.

The onboard 3D video on the NForce2 will play 2001 games and older pretty good. The Ti4200 will allow your kids to play UT2003, Unreal2 and Half Life 2 fairly good... without a lot of money.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have any suggestions for a good stable mb, also which will allow expansion in future

4. compilerxp

compilerxp

The MSI is good... ASUS has a Nforce2 400 (non Ultra / dual RAM) for about $80.. very fast.

The future of Computers next year is quite different... so I say - don't TRY to invest in the future... to do so means spending ~$500 on the CPU, $200 for the motherboard... but things will be different next year.

An AMD 2500 and Mobo (About $170 together) should last you 1-2 years... till you want more speed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice