1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Msi Laptop wont turn on nor charge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blublulilblu, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blublulilblu

Blublulilblu Thread Starter

Last major change i made to the software was in terms of space: For the past couple months my laptop fan has been sounding like a plan engine, so i would routinely clean it for dust and gunk it kept going onso at this point in thinking its because my laptop was running in red in terms of space so i went into my files and cleard out at least 400 gb of space so now instead of 67gb out off 1000gb it qas close to 500 sum gb free. It ran smoothly for a couple days and it just died. The day it died i left it alone for hours tried to turn it on later it powered on and i logfed in i left it like that and went to handle some business came back it wont turn on or charge. Before this happened i hade a problem with my laptop turning on and off by its self in the middle of the night. I only noticed it when i had the screen up i would see the light flashing when it was closed, there was another instance where the battery wouldn't charge unles i hade my focusrite plugged into a usb slot but, like i said this was before it gave up on me. I even tried removing the battery and draining the bios of power and still nothing. I dont get beeps trying to turn it on. No lights, no nothing

Specs

GL72 (6th Gen) (GTX 950M)
    GL72 6QD-001 [​IMG]
    OSWindows 10 Home
    CPUIntel® Core™ i5-6300HQ
    CPU SPEED2.3 - 3.2GHz w/ Turbo Boost
    CHIPSETIntel® HM170
    COLORAluminum Black
    SCREEN SIZE17.3" Full HD eDP Non Reflection
    RESOLUTION1920x1080 (16:9)
    GPUGeForce® GTX 950M
    VIDEO MEMORY2GB DDR3
    KEYBOARDSteelSeries
    AUDIONahimic Sound
    SPEAKERSpeakers x 4 (2W)
    MEMORY8GB DDR4 2133MHz
    HDD CAPACITY1TB SATA HDD (7200RPM)
    HDD INTERFACESATA
    OPTICAL DRIVE TYPEDVD Super Multi
    LANAR8171
    WLANIntel 3165 Stone Peak 1 (1x1)
    BLUETOOTH4
    CARD READERSD (XC/HC)
    WEBCAM1080p FHD
    USBUSB Type-C 3.0*1, USB 3.0*2, USB 2.0*1
    VIDEO PORTHDMI 1.4*1, mDP*1, Super Port*1
    AUDIO PORT1/1 (ESS Sabre HiFi)
    AC POWER ADAPTOR120W
    BATTERY PACK6 cell
    DIMENSION16.45"x10.60"x1.53"
    WEIGHT5.95 lbs

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Could be that the adapter died and the notebook battery got drained without it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice