Msi vs asus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

siraleena

I need help. buying a motherboard but not sure which brand. MSI or ASUS. i have an MSI radeon rx 5700 GPU (brand new) and 750watt power supply. My GPU is only a mid tier, so i'm not sure if i should get a mid tier motherboard or one a bit better. Not concerned about CPU or Ram at the moment, just a motherboard.i can't spend more than $400. You think i might be able to get a half descent MB for that price? ATX is size i'd like.

crjdriver

It is difficult to recommend anything when no one knows what processors [intel or amd] you are using.
Personally I am no fan of msi and I would always choose an asus board over a msi board however that is my opinion.

Mobo's are a personal and subjective choice at best. Most of us on here have a bias to a particular brand. That said...I'm partial to Asus. But depending on what your needs are for a mobo....brand may play a part in your selection process.

If you list all your hardware you have now...full specs...brand/make/model of each hardware piece. Then we can help you or suggest to you what hardware to choose.

siraleena

thank you very much for that advice. much appreciated. I hate asking for tech help, but this is my 1st MB i'm buying. As for CPU, i was thinking about AMD Ryzen 8 - 12 core , 4ghz 2nd gen or 3rd gen. But it was advised to stick with intel chipset and not AMD athlon. I believe ASUS MB's accepts intel..

siraleena

At the moment i have a Gigabyte MB mini ATX ultra durable,DDR3 paid 60, 3 years ago. My current CPU is AMD 4 core FX - 8320 3.4ghz. My new GPU is MSI radeon rx 5700 ddr6 my CPU fan revs up like crazy, and the new GPU is so hot , you can fry an egg. I know without a doubt, i need a MB DDR4 and CPU DDR4.

siraleena

I'm taking all of your advices, and stick with ASUS MB ATX, but with intel chipset. what kind of CPU would i like? Definitely more than 4 core DDR4 4ghz, something like that. I need all new MB, CPU, RAM, this years model and preferably to accompany my new GPU.

siraleena

i'm hoping to find a half decent MB for $400. being on disability doesn't give me many options

siraleena

Mobo's are a personal and subjective choice at best. Most of us on here have a bias to a particular brand. That said...I'm partial to Asus. But depending on what your needs are for a mobo....brand may play a part in your selection process.

If you list all your hardware you have now...full specs...brand/make/model of each hardware piece. Then we can help you or suggest to you what hardware to choose.
thank you very much for that advice. much appreciated. I hate asking for tech help, but this is my 1st MB i'm buying. As for CPU, i was thinking about AMD Ryzen 8 - 12 core , 4ghz 2nd gen or 3rd gen. But it was advised to stick with intel chipset and not AMD athlon. I believe ASUS MB's accepts intel..

At the moment i have a Gigabyte MB mini ATX ultra durable,DDR3 paid 60, 3 years ago. My current CPU is AMD 4 core FX - 8320 3.4ghz. My new GPU is MSI radeon rx 5700 ddr6 my CPU fan revs up like crazy, and the new GPU is so hot , you can fry an egg. I know without a doubt, i need a MB DDR4 and CPU DDR4.

I'm taking all of your advices, and stick with ASUS MB ATX, but with intel chipset. what kind of CPU would i like? Definitely more than 4 core DDR4 4ghz, something like that. I need all new MB, CPU, RAM, this years model and preferably to accompany my new GPU.

i'm hoping to find a half decent MB for $400. being on disability doesn't give me many options

Right now with Covid-19....supplies for good mobo's and PSU are hard to come buy.

That said I would go AMD.
An Asus mobo with a X570 chipset....this will handle 3rd Gen Ryzen CPU's
A AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Gskill or Corsair DDR4 RAM at 3200mhz

At newegg.com....you could a bundle deal of all 3 above for aroun $550. A great deal if you ask me. Since Covid-19, all those AMD bundles went bye bye.

siraleena

Right now with Covid-19....supplies for good mobo's and PSU are hard to come buy.

That said I would go AMD.
An Asus mobo with a X570 chipset....this will handle 3rd Gen Ryzen CPU's
A AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Gskill or Corsair DDR4 RAM at 3200mhz

At newegg.com....you could a bundle deal of all 3 above for aroun $550. A great deal if you ask me. Since Covid-19, all those AMD bundles went bye bye.
REALLY! WOW! SO NOW I KNOW WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR. AND your saying go with AMD chipset, not intel?

siraleena

I found this one on Newegg.
ASUS Prime X570-Pro Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2, HDMI, SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Motherboard
at $349 CAN. or

ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
for $269

crjdriver

Go with the first one; Prime X570-Pro. Better audio and an intel lan rather than a realtek lan on the TUF board.
Add a 3700X with 16gig of corsair vengeance ram and you will have a bulletproof combo. Be sure you have a quality pw supply and a decent case. You are not by chance attempting to reuse a dell, hp type case are you?

siraleena

Go with the first one; Prime X570-Pro. Better audio and an intel lan rather than a realtek lan on the TUF board.
Add a 3700X with 16gig of corsair vengeance ram and you will have a bulletproof combo. Be sure you have a quality pw supply and a decent case. You are not by chance attempting to reuse a dell, hp type case are you?
NO. I have a Cooler Master HAF XM mid tower.paid couple hundred. it can definitely fit an EATX MB. my case is a monster. I knew right away my new GPU was too big for my MB. so big in fact, my GPU covers my PCI slot for my sound card, had to take out my sound card. But with my new ASUS MB, I'll be able to put back my sound card. love that term "bulletproof". Well i think that about raps it up.Thank you so much. I'm buying that MB now, b4 there all gone.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online