Msi vs asus

siraleena

thank you very much for all your support and patience. This will be my 2nd build,1st build was 4 years ago. About high time for upgrading. Lol. Take care, Stay safe.

siraleena

You are welcome. Good luck with the build.
good day my friend. We had a chat few days ago concerning motherboards, etc,, I took ur advice, i have the Asus Prime Pro Ryzen 7. The CPU, i got 8 core Amd , the one you suggested. However, i still need a little help with memory. You suggested Corsair Ven, do i take the one with highest mhz, 3600?
Plus i noticed that Corsair memory is compatible with intel. The HyperX are compatible with intel ,AM4, AMD, not sure what to get.

crjdriver

I have used corsair vengeance lpx memory on a LOT of ryzen builds; it works flawlessly. You can however use whatever memory is on the qvl list for your board.
As to speed, I would go with 3200 or so. No real need to spend the extra money for 3600 speed.

AMD Ryzen performance scales extremely well with memory speed but actually only with certain games and at certain resolutions. DDR4 3600 MHZ is usually going to require 1.4v on the memory and all X570's will do that but not all B350/B450's will (half will). CJ is right DDR4 3200 is the sweet spot for every day reliability and gaming and you can to it @ 1.35v. I have my DDR4 3200 running @ 3466 @ 1.35v.

crjdriver

Due to a bclk overclock, I end up with 3200 ram running at 3340 with vdimm @1.37.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online