1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSIE error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by robertr2, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robertr2

robertr2 Thread Starter

I am using Charter @Home cable access along with WinME, and a computer with a lot of horse power.
    When I access the internet using MSIE6 directly I get way to many MSIE errors mostly pointing to user32.dll errors.
    However when I access through @Home I don't get these errros.
    Any ideas?

2. Dan O

Dan O

What do you mean by when using MSIE6 directly vs. @Home? Do you mean if you start from @Home home web page no errors occur? What are the complete MSIE errors you are receiving? They may give a clue what is causing the problem.

Happy Thanksgivings

3. robertr2

robertr2 Thread Starter

Yes, if I start at @Home I get no errors, but I do when I start with the MSIE icon.
    Here is some additional information. This is the message(s) I receive:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Microsoft Internet Exploere has encountered a problem and has to close.We are sorry for this inconvenience.ETC,ECT.
    Please tell Microsoft about this problem. ( Here it gives me an option to send an error report to MS). http://watson.microsoft.com/dw/1033/dcp.asp. I went to this URL but it was no help.
    Here is what the error report contained:
    ERROR SIGNATURE
    AppName:iexplore.exe AppVer:6.0.2600.0 ModName:usr32.dll
    ModVer:4.90.0.3000 Offset:000059ea
    Thank you for your reply.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Bob Burns

4. Dan O

Dan O

I could not view the link you provided. Can you post the begin of the error here for us to view?

5. robertr2

robertr2 Thread Starter

Hi Dan,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I don't know why the link won't work, but if you copy and paste or type in the URL it will work. (At least it did for me).
    In my previous post I quoted exactly the error message I received. If that is not what you want or is not enough information please let me know, and I will try to be of more help.
    Bob Burns

6. Dan O

Dan O

7. robertr2

robertr2 Thread Starter

Why do you suppose that I get these errors using MSIE directly, but not when I access using @Home? Aren't I using MSIE even though I accessed it through @Home?
    Thanks for the links. I will take a look at them.
    Bob Burns

8. robertr2

robertr2 Thread Starter

9. robertr2

robertr2 Thread Starter

10. aerain

aerain

I had the same problem and the only thing that worked for me was to reinstall IE6 and your @home browser. I should know, I work for AT&T @Home technical support.

11. Dan O

Dan O

Robert,

There is no logical reason why you are having the problem. The Microsoft article may not be a pretty fit but the suggestions should be tried as sometime they may fix your problem as well. If none of the suggestions work try down grading your IE to version 5. To down grade select Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Applications, IE, and Remove button. A menu should be displayed with an option to Restore a previous version. Test to see if the problem persists. Then download a new copy of IE 6 and install it.

12. robertr2

robertr2 Thread Starter

Dan,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I think I will try to reinstall MSIE and if that doesn't work maybe reinstall @Home too.

aerain,
    Thank you too.
    Since you work for @Home what is the latest rumor concerning Charter @Home going bankrupt?

Bob Burns

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!