1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved msiexec64.exe Bitcoin Miner Destroying My PC

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by DaddiiDiiDii, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaddiiDiiDii

DaddiiDiiDii Thread Starter

Ok since yesterday I have noticed my PC has slowed down almost to a halt. It is struggling even to play youtube vids. I have ran a few scans and found out that I have this bitcoin miner virus.
    I have run MBAM in safemode as well as various other tools but it comes back as soon as I reboot into normal Windows.

The issue is I cannot run MBAM normally or the other programs as they simply fail to boot and also when I search online for any mention of this virus or the tools to fix it and it shuts down my browser.

So currently I am having to use safe mode just to be able to post this as it also closes my web browser when I come here.

I'm also finding most of the removal guides for this thing are simply trying to sell you their programs.

Here's my syslog.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 8174 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (163 GB Free); D: 149 GB (79 GB Free); E: 564 GB (95 GB Free); G: 367 GB (98 GB Free); I: 698 GB (92 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M5A88-M
    Antivirus: AVG Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice