1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Msinfo32 reports network adapter and protocol

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Blittzin, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blittzin

Blittzin Thread Starter

Hi and thanks to anybody kind enough to help me. I checked my networkk adapter protocol and I have only 8 and should have at least 10. I reset winsock and restarted and I still only have 8. I looked at my network adapter and it reports ip address, ip subnet not available and dhcp not enabled even though it's enabled in my lan settings. I'm running a 24 hour line monitor and I'm showing 90 percent plus packet loss, and the pings to the monitor servers in California and Kansas are 3 to 4 ms's. I know the pings can't be right because I ping Los Angeles a couple of times a week and it's usually around 40 ms's. I hope I posted this in the right forum. I'm a newb here and the only other one I could think to post this in was hardware. The ping thing is bizarre and I'd like to fix this network adapter issue. I may have to wipe and reinstall or worse trash a new motherboard. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice