1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msjvm

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by alysnd, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alysnd

alysnd Thread Starter

I have windows 98. My msjvm is corrupted.I went to a site someone else posted -- can you see this? http://www.bodo.com/javame.htm and no I can't see it- I have checked tools internet options Advanced and security custom level and it looks o.k I have tried to redownloadl msjvm but it still don't work.I have downloaded sun java and that works fine,however some of the games i play require msjvm.The version is 5.00.3810 Can I uninstall it? and reinstall it? If so how do I do that? Thank you Alysnd

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

3. alysnd

alysnd Thread Starter

Thank you Evile ye, but i have tried to redownload and that don't work. any other idea's? anyone please, thankyou

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Alysnd:

Do a "Find/Search" on MSJAVA.DLL and bring up the file. Right-click it, then click Properties - Version(tab). Does it show 5.00.3810, or does it show some other version?

If your Java Virtual Machine is corrupted, it can be removed, but you have to follow specific steps. The instructions for doing it are on my website, along with download links.

Once it's completely removed and your computer is rebooted, install 5.00.3805 first, reboot, install 5.00.3810 second, then reboot again.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips(Also a Windows XP user)

5. alysnd

alysnd Thread Starter

Thankyou for reply flavallee, I followed your instructions on your website and my msjvm is working again!! thankyou so much. I don't know what I would do with out this forum.The tech's I have my warranty with could not help me.Lot's of help they are!! Thanks again, Alysnd

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice