MSN 4.5 Freezes up Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TooToby

OK, I know I should have waited awhile for the bugs to get out of MSN messenger (As my brother has pointed out to me.........) but I didn't. :( Now, it will come on, show who is on line, and whether I have mail at Hotmail, but when I click anywhere in the window to contact on-line buddies, the whole computer freezes up! I un-installed, using the add/remove programs, and re-installed. Didn't help. Using Windows 98, and had no problem with previous MSN. And Yes, I did download the Windows 98 version and not the one for XP. I can access it using Trillian, just fine, but maybe that is the old version that Trillian is using? Any ideas? At this point, I would be happy to just go back to the old MSN.

TooToby

Thanks Eddie; that at least confirms what I was beginning to suspect, and at least I know now it isn't something I was doing... or not doing! I have deleted it, and am just using Trillian for now, which lets me use AIM, Yahoo, and MSN, so it is just as well. Good lesson for me to wait a bit longer to try something new, and let the bugs get worked out first!! Toby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online