1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN 8 Email Question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kctom, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kctom

kctom Thread Starter

Does anyone know what file(s) I would need to backup in order to save my emails that are stored in the "Folders on my Computer" section under the "Stored Messages" folder? Thanks, KCTom

2. stu37

stu37

3. kctom

kctom Thread Starter

Thanks Stu37. I think things must have changed in MSN 8. There is no longer an Archived Folder (it's called "Stored Messages"). It also looks like there isn't a .dbx folder anymore. After unchecking the box to hide system and hidden files, I ran a search (*.dbx) for all dbx files and came up with just my old Outlook Express and Exchange ones from years past.

MSN Online Help provided me with a way to copy the individual emails to a directory, but it would be nice if there was some file I could save instead of all those emails individually. Those instructions are listed below.

If anyone knows of a file I could save instead of the emails individually, it would be appreciated.

Thanks again Stu37

Here are the steps that will help you to save the emails.

To save email follow these steps :
    1) Select the user tile to save email for.
    2) Sign in with the offline checkbox checked under the password field
    3) Go to the email section and select the offline folder that contains the email to be saved
    4) Put a checkbox by each email to be saved.
    5) Drag-and-drop the block of selected emails to the desktop or any open folder for storage.

To restore email follow the steps below :
    1) Select the user tile to save email for.
    2) Sign in with the offline checkbox checked under the password field
    3) Go to the email section and select the offline folder that the email needs to be restored to
    4) Drag-and-drop the saved emails from the desktop or storage folder to the selected folder in MSN8

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice