1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN DellNet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bklynyc, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bklynyc

bklynyc Thread Starter

I have a Dell P3/WinMe. Whenever I open a folder and click on history. My history list of websites visited is shown. When I click on a site to go to, I get this DellNet pop-up: "Please click on the DellNet icon on your desktop to get connected to the internet." but since I don't have an MSN account set up, no dice. I connect via AOL and am quite happy doing so. How do I get rid of this?

Can I simply uninstall MSN DellNet, or will that mess with Internet Explorer?

2. khaje

khaje

If you already have your real connection setup.

I'm assuming its 98 if XP or ME pretty much the same but will need to tell control panel to show all options.

My Computer: Control Panel: Internet Options (may be called Internet Properties):

Select the connections tab

You should see the connection you want to use.

Click it once to select it and hit the "set default" button

Then you will see three options below it.. never dial a connection, dial whenever a network connection is not present and always dial my default connection. Make sure always dial my default connection is selected.

Hit apply and OK and return to desktop.

See if that helps-

Khaje

3. bklynyc

bklynyc Thread Starter

Thaks Khaje, it worked!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice