1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msn down?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by remaja, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remaja

remaja Thread Starter

I seem to have problems connecting to the msn site. both through my msn messenger and the website itself. I just bought myself a new router and I am sure I configured the firewall properly.

I can connect to other sites just fine but not msn. very strange I checked my firewall and none listed saying that it's blocking it. I don't go through any proxy.

is the msn site down? or is it me? it has been two days, a famous site like this can't be down for two days

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Do you get any errors when trying to connecting to MSN :)

Troubleshoot connectivity problems
    If you have problems when you sign in to Windows Live Messenger, try any of the following troubleshooting techniques to correct the issue:
    Check your Messenger connection settings:
    If you can't sign in to Messenger, the connection settings (Settings associated with your Internet connection.) in Messenger might be preventing you from connecting to Windows Live ID or .NET Messenger Service.
    Select Tools, and then click Options.
    Under Connection, click Advanced Settings.
    In the Settings dialog box, click Test in the HTTP section. When the test results appear in the Connection Tester dialog box, click OK.
    Click OK, and then click OK again.
    Use the test results to determine which settings are causing the connection issue.

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Clear Windows Live Messenger proxy settings:
    Start Messenger.
    Select Tools, and then click Options.
    Under Connection, click Advanced Settings.
    Under SOCKS, delete the entries.
    Click OK, and then click OK again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice